The works consisted of asbestos removal and the full deconstruction of the Sonoco industrial buildings down to slab level for redevelopment by Manchester City Council.
The operations of the job were carried out as follows:
1. R&D Asbestos Survey carried out and issued
2. Service Disconnections/ issue of demolition notice/ asbestos notification etc.
3. Site Set Up
4. Erect Demarcation zones
5. Delivery of Skips
6. Soft Strip
7. Asbestos Removal (licensed asbestos removal contractor)
8. Delivery of machines
9. Removal of Cement Asbestos Sheets
10. Commence Deconstruction
11. Removal of Waste
Plant & Equipment used to complete this project were:
1. 14 tonne 360° excavator with attachments
2. 23 metre high reach machine with attachments
3. Bobcat with bucket
4. Non mechanical tools
5. Hand tools
The works commenced in October 2016 (commencement began with the Asbestos Surveyors) and was completed within the programmed time, in March 2017.